PALEOLITHIC ART MAGAZINE
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOURS IDEAS FOR THE FOUNDATION OF THE SCIENCE OF THE PREHISTORIC ART
Ours circular-appeal of July, 8 2002 (published also on this Magazine) for the foundation of a science of the prehistoric art, has had until today a good reply of proposals from Australia, Europe and North America.
They lack instead replies from Africa, Asia and South America.
Who has written to us are mainly Academics, but we want here to urge also the students, and the amateurs of prehistoric art to communicate their opinions within september, 30.
To such purpose we add:
1) a synthesis of the opinions will be published in anonymous shape for respect of the privacy of which will have collaborated;
2) You can send your ideas to us on what you would want to add to the current studies on the prehistoric art;
3) If you agree with our proposals expressed in the circular of July, 8, please communicate to us that you approved ;
4) If you think that the modality with which the prehistoric art has been studied and divulged until today is well, please write to us equally;
5) From the received mails in these two months, it appears that there is who approves the name "Paleoarteology", and who proposes "Archeoartology", therefore, if you write to us, please indicate also one of the two names, but if you have to suggest a more interesting name, please, suggest it to us.
NOTE: The "foundation" of the Science of the Prehistoric Art nothing has to see with a "notarized deed", i.e. it is not an association of scholars of prehistoric art, but is the research of a method with a corpus of norms to adopt and to divulge, that will engage only who is convinced.
The Editorial Staff
Genova, August, 27 2002
To The Index
Copyrightę2000-2002 by Paleolithic Art Magazine, all rights reserved.